What to Bring
For security reasons, your luggage cannot be larger than an airline travel carry-on bag – a size limit of 9” – 14” x 22”. Your bag needs to fit within our storage unit container. If your luggage does not fit into our storage container, it will not be allowed into our facility. Car keys will be locked in a safe.
NO DELIVERIES – we do NOT allow ANY deliveries unless deemed medically necessary.
All items allowed during your stay should be brought when you admit. Please see our list of what is allowed and what is not allowed. Any items not allowed will be locked up with your belongings and you will not be able to access until discharge.
All patients should bring a legal photo ID. If you are using medical insurance, please bring your medical insurance card or any paperwork with your insurance information. If you belong to a union or are military personnel, bring your union card or military ID.
Please bring prescriptions medications in the bottle.
- Masks are required – please be sure to bring your own and enough to supply you for your stay. Cloth masks are ok.
- The following masks/face coverings are NOT allowed:
- Face/Neck Gaiters
- Neck Huggers
- Vented Masks
- Patients are allowed to keep certain items in their room.
- T-shirts (limit 5)
- 1 Pair Tennis Shoes
- 1 Pair Slippers
- 1 Jacket
- 1 Hoodie
- Hair Scrunchies
We suggest leaving jewelry and large amounts of cash at home. We will provide a lock and locker for your items, but if you don’t need it while you are here, it should be left at home. Car keys will be locked in a safe.
- While basic toiletries are available upon request, we recommend you bring the items that you regularly use to make your stay more comfortable.
- No mouthwash, or anything with alcohol
- We suggest travel size products only due to space available.
- Patients are allowed to keep certain items in their room. These must be new with unbroken seals and must be alcohol free.
- Approved Cosmetics (up to 4)
- Zinc-free denture cream
- Electric Razors Only
Cell Phones, Laptops, and Electronic Devices
- You may bring your cell phone. Don’t forget to bring your charger.
- You may bring Headphones/Earbuds
- We have Wi-Fi throughout the hospital, so you may bring a laptop or notebook computer and a mouse. Don’t forget your power cord.
- Patients can have a plain journal
- Sealed Tobacco Products are allowed
- We do have a small selection of DVDs that can be checked-out.
- We have a small library with a general selection of books, magazines and newspapers for patients to read.
Items NOT Allowed
- Clothing items exceeding the limit
- Clothing with strings
- Vented masks, neck huggers, face/neck gaiter
- Hygiene items that contain alcohol in the first 5 ingredients
- Pressurized/aerosol cans
- Dental floss/Denture cream with zinc
- Bar soap
- Hair bands/hair ties (Scrunchies okay)
- Bedding (e.g.ER blankets, pillows)
- Flip flops/stiletto heels/steel-toed boots
- Items depicting offensive imagery
- Opened tobacco products/ e-cigs or vape pens/vape juice
- Bags/luggage/cosmetic bags
- Matches or Lighters
- Opened drinks or food
- High potency caffeinated products: products such as “Red Bull”, “energy drinks”, or similar high potency caffeine containing liquids or powders. (This does not refer to coffee, tea, or regular soft drinks)
- Alcohol: alcoholic beverages, alcohol-based products, mouthwash, perfume, cologne, fragrances
- Weapons: firearms, knives, clubs
- Explosives: black powder, fireworks
- Toxic Substances: alcohol-based products, nail polish and remover, aerosol cans, household chemicals, pains, perfume, cologne, model glue
- Flammable substances: lighter fluid, lighters, matches, fuel, paint thinner, flints
- Unidentifiable substances: vials, powders, pills, liquids
- Sharp Objects: scissors, knives, needles/pins, awl, ice-pick, exact-o blade, hat pins, pencil/makeup sharpeners, tweezers. Any item containing metal, glass, sharp edges, mirrors or pump devices
- Hanging Risks: ropes, electrical wires and cords not connected to a device, scarves, nylons, or nylon knee highs, items made from paracord, string/rope/cord longer than 8 inches
- Metal cans and lids: soda can, potato chip can lid, pull tabs, snuff can lid
- Personal defense chemicals: mace, pepper spray
- Illegal substances/items: street drugs
- Over-the-counter medications and supplements