Update On COVID-19
Schick Shadel Hospital currently has zero patients or staff that have tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Several weeks ago, and prior to the outbreak in the Seattle area, we took the measures of:
- Screening all incoming patients on the phone prior to admitting and again upon arrival to the hospital and prior to entry into the patient areas per the guidelines of the CDC.
- We have eliminated all visitations by visitors and alumni to the hospital. If we have a vendor that needs to perform a necessary service, we screen them prior to entry into patient areas.
- All employees with questionable status are not allowed to work. They are sent home and monitored.
- We have added extra housekeeping staff to clean surfaces in all patient areas. We have educated staff and patients about handwashing techniques.
- We have a physician on site that is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week to address any symptoms or health-related concerns that patients may have.
- We monitor our stock of all equipment and supplies needed to protect staff and patients on a daily basis to assure that we have the necessary supplies.
We are committed to a clean and safe environment to keep the patients and staff protected in our hospital. We will make any and all necessary adjustments as this situation develops.
Philip Herink, CEO
Schick Shadel Hospital