PATIENT MEDIA RELATIONS AND SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Media Relations Policy-PATIENTS
In order to retain control of any messaging or representation of Schick
Shadel outside of delegated Schick employees and media representatives,
the following is requested of all Patients that undergo treatment at our
- Patients may not speak to the media on behalf of the hospital or refer
to our facility in any media interviews, news articles, websites, social
media sites, blogs or the like.
- Patients may not assume the role of an endorsed Schick Shadel spokesperson
or publicly speak about their treatment (Schick’s intellectual property)
without the express permission of the Hospital.
- Patients may not take photos or video while they are admitted into Schick
Shadel. This includes visuals that document their participation in treatment
or another patients’ presence at the facility (with is a HIPAA violation.)
Social Media Policy-PATIENTS
The Social Media parameters for patients are as follows & can be found:
- On the Hospital wall along with all of the other counseling information.
- Through Patient Services prior to admissions.
- On our new Schick Shadel website when it launches in 4Q 2014.
In order to preserve all patients’ anonymity, the Schick Shadel Patient
Social Media Policies are as follows:
- Patients may not refer to or title their blog or web page (i.e. Facebook)
with the name Schick Shadel.
- Patients’ names may not be disclosed via Social Media or a blog posting
from another patient.
- No photos or video of any other patients are to be taken, tagged or posted
to any Patient’s social media page, including their own.