Schick Shadel 10-Day Alcohol Addiction Treatment
Our alcohol addiction treatment program is based on proven scientific research and utilizes a medical approach called aversion therapy. Aversion therapy is a form of counter conditioning. This technique has been medically proven to retrain the brain and stop the addictive cravings of alcohol. Addiction is a medical condition, not a moral failure and should be treated as such. According to a recent study by University of Washington (UW) 69% of participating patients were still sober 12 months after their treatment. We have treated over 80,000 patients over the past 80 years. Our hospital is the longest running addiction treatment center in the United States.
Schick Shadel Alcohol Detox Center
Our inpatient detox program helps patients detox safely and comfortably by medicating their symptoms. Our alcohol detox program is supervised by physicians seven days a week with 24-hour nursing care. We will medically treat your withdrawal symptoms while keeping you comfortable. Your detox period is typically 3-7 days based on your individual needs and the severity of the addiction.
Cell phones, laptops and visits from friends and loved ones are not only welcome, they are encouraged!
Start your journey today! Contact us. All information is 100% confidential.
Why does Schick Shadel’s 10-Day Addiction Program Work?
Cravings within the brain drive addiction. Addictive alcoholic cravings make it nearly impossible for addicts to treat their medical condition on their own. Our 10-Day treatment program retrains the brain and eliminates alcoholic cravings by using aversion therapy and other evidence-based techniques.
A University of Washington (UW) study, conducted at Schick Shadel Hopsital, showcases the impact that addiction has on the brain of an addict. The study utilized an fMRI to capture addictive brain cravings. The red braining cravings were taken before aversion therapy, a counter conditioning treatment. After just four treatments, the patient’s brain was relieved from these addictive cravings. As a result, 69% of participating patients were still sober after 12 months.
Schick Shadel’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center includes Evidence-Based Techniques
- Comprehensive assessment by a chemical dependency professional (using addiction severity index)
- Individualized treatment plan that includes patient input.
- Continuing care plan that includes individual counseling sessions with a therapist
- Psycho-educational groups, focusing on relapse prevention skills building
- Special attention to nutritional repair during treatment
- Provision of medications that work to counteract your symptoms
- Follow-up treatments including 2 recaps, where you return to the facility 30 and 90 days after being discharged
- Support groups and resources after discharge include: Your care plan may include referrals to physicians in your community for after care. Receive phone calls by Schick Shadel’s staff up to one year to check on your progress. Contact Schick’s counseling staff for continuing care staff via phone
Schick Shadel’s alcohol rehab patient, Kathleen S, wrote the book,“Drink Up! How 10 Days Ended a Lifetime of Addiction”
“I tried just about everything to quit drinking. Nothing worked. I was a binge drinker living on borrowed time – I was 56 years old with two brothers dead of addiction by their 40s. My life and health were rapidly breaking down. Then one day I heard an advertisement for a ten-day treatment program that promised to take away my cravings. Too good to be true? That was in 2005 and I’ve not had a drink since. My book describes the treatment program in detail. My family and I are forever grateful to Schick Shadel Hospital!”
Check out these Articles on Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol Treatment Program
Our alcohol addiction treatment program is based on proven scientific research and utilizes a medical approach called aversion therapy.
Need help today?
Scientifically proven to work
Most insurances accepted
#1 rated for treating alcoholism*
Treated over 80,000 patients